The BEST dairy free Ranch Dressing I've ever had.
Viewing entries tagged
It's my night to try something different so here is the result of my playtime in the kitchen. I didn't take a picture. Sorry it smelled so good I didnt even think about you guys. This combo is no grain low carb. AND, with the exception of the cheese it's also anti-inflammatory. I've included a 2nd option for no dairy below, which was also quite good but didn't measure up to my 2 Pepper Jack Cheese fans I had sampling it.
Lemon Garlic Chicken & Pepper Jack Mash
- 1 head cauliflower cut up ~8 cups
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 chicken breasts filleted
- 2 cups chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup cashew cream
- 2-3 tbsp Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1 large lemon
- 4 cloves garlic - finely sliced or minced
- Prep before work or the night before
- Soak 1 cup of cashews in cold water in the fridge for 5 hours Or 30 minutes in hot water
- Cut cauliflower in half inch slices and break up into florets in steamer
- Fillet Chicken breasts in half
- Marinate in Mediterranean spices and avocado oil in the fridge
Make it happen:
- Steam cauliflower until tender
- Blend cauliflower, butter, nut milk with immersion blender
- Spread in small baking dish
- Cover with 4 slices of pepper jack cheese and bake at 400 for 15 min
- Cook chicken in avocado oil ~3 Tbsp on med/high until lightly browned
- Add 1 cup chicken broth and cook through
- Remove chicken, set aside
- add the garlic to the pan, cook for a few minutes until tender
- Add 1 cup of broth to the pan
- Add the juice of1 large lemon
- Whisk in 1/2 cup of the cashew cream
Serve the sauce over the chicken with the cauliflower mash on the side. Yum.
mix 2-3 Tbsp cashew Flour with 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder. Sprinkle on the cauliflower instead of the pepper jack cheese.